Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Easy Peasy Card


I was away for long. Sorry for that. amidst the hot temperatures and water scarcity, we have had thunder storms in the past few days. Moderate rains did help my plants and the temperatures are down a bit. The power lines were down for some time. So we had no electricity for long hours during the past few days. When ever the storm is on they cut power for safety sake. If that happens during night time or early morning hours then it takes some time for power restoration. That is why I couldn't post.

Here is one more card. This one is a birthday card.


The base you see is a dark pink pearl-marble hand made paper. I think I got that correctly. It has a pearl sheen and also marble affect. It is hand made paper. 

The top fold is about one inch less than the bottom fold. I don't think it is clear from the picture. I don't know what this fold is known as. Does any one know?

I first stuck the black printed tape. Both on the top and the bottom folds. It looked so apt.

After that I did not know what to do. None of the papers or other material seemed to match the card. 

Ultimately I used a small rectangular piece of black hand made paper as a layer. Stuck to the base with glue. The picture stickers-I used foam tape to give them a little dimension. Added the four self adhesive white stickers to the four corners.Then I stuck the sentiments.

In all it took me just a few minutes to make this card. So what do you think?


Materials used:

Dark pink (pearl) marble handmade Paper
Black printed Tape
Black hand made paper
Sentiment and Picture Stickers
White self adhesive crystals
Foam tape
Glue

Your comments/suggestions and thoughts mean a lot to me......Please do take some time to comment on these post as I am still in learning stage and welcome your suggestions.



Pin It

2 comments:

Ranjana's craft blog said...

Its beautiful! Pink color is perfect for a birthday card. And the black combination is making it more prominent.

Ms Sharma said...

Thanks Ranjana :)