Monday, May 2, 2016

Cherry Blossoms and Butterflies

Here is my third card- the first of my greeting cards using punch craft.

I love Cherry Blossoms and of course Butterflies. So inspired by them here is my card.

Cherry Blossoms and Butterflies


I have used the textured light gray coloured card stock. Brown coloured paper twine was used for the tree branch. First I punched out of-white and light pink flowers and glued around the branches.It looked too drab. So I added the red coloured flowers here and there to brighten it up a bit. OK cherry blossoms are not red in colour-I agree with you.  

Then I added the leaves. Hmmm... I had only that green coloured punch craft paper with me. I tried to get any other shade of green but couldn't. So I didn't have any other choice. 

Then I bought the little butterfly punch. I had to try it. I ended up with blue butterflies as at that time my punch craft paper stash was very limited. Any way I was testing my skills and an artist has the liberty to create something new out of his/her imagination. 

My personal opinion is that the colours did not gel together. But I got the shape of the flowers and leaves well for an amateur. 

I did not add any sentiment as I can add it later on, if I want to give it away. 

So what do you say? Your comments and suggestions matter a lot. please do stop by and leave your comments/suggestions.....


Materials used:

Textured Card Stock
Paper twine brown colour
Punch papers
Punches-Flower, leaf and butterfly
Glue


Pin It

2 comments:

Ranjana's craft blog said...

Very nice card. Colors are absolutely fine, they gel with each other very well. The use of twine chord looks very different.

Ms Sharma said...

Thank You Ranjana :)