Monday, March 30, 2015

StitchXplorations-French Knots

Take a look at my exploration of French Knots.


The back ground is as usual, unbleached heavy cotton cloth. I have used stranded cotton thread mostly. I have used all the 6 strands for a thicker knot. I have also used stem, outline, detached chain, and fly stitches with long tasils.

For grass I have used Rim Jim Threads(it is some what fuzzy) for grass for the fluffy look. 

This is one more stitch I am not so good at. But I think it is better than my satin stitch skills. I find Chinese knots easier than this for filling up.

Strictly speaking Knot stitches are fun once you master them. they give a textured look, a 3D effect and are quite interesting.

What do you say?

This is one more stitch I need a lot of practice

Watch out for more......


Pin It

3 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

How beautiful it looks!
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Ms Sharma said...

Thank You Dr Sonia

Anonymous said...

I want to know how to stitch diamond shaped mirrors