Saturday, November 10, 2012

Decorated Thali-1

Diwali is festival of lights. No matter how many electrical lights you have, the beauty of traditional lamps is something else. Whether these lamps are made of silver, bronze or even terracotta, the twinkle of the lights, the romance they create is something else. I for one love these traditional lamps more than any thing else.

With a little creativity these lamps can be presented in different ways. Just one positioned at the alter or in the doorway or on your window sill or at a vantage position is enough to give a magical touch to the surroundings.

Especially for Diwali, every one wants something different and unique....So have a look.

Well this is the thali(plate/platter), decorated with kundans...


I decorated a blue coloured plate with kundans and placed a lamp in the center. This is just a simple decoration with kundans. I have stuck kundans with ordinary glue. Later on I will wash off the glue and reuse plate as well as kundans. But if you want it to be of permanent use a glue that is permanent.

This was only warming up or rather my doodling.....

More in my next posts.....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This thali decoration is very beautiful and stunning that attracts to me.
Thali decoration

Ms Sharma said...

Thanks a Lot Kumarji