Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mom's Surgery

I have been busy with my Mom's eye surgery. One of her eye has been operated and she is OK. How far her vision improves is yet to be seen. But the Doctor felt that it was successful and her vision will be much better than what she had though may not be total. We are keeping our fingers crossed and praying for her speedy recovery.

So I was busy and tensed up with her surgery. I had no time to post. Since her surgery we had to literally stay around the clock watching her lest she touched her bandaged eye. Now she is recovering. What I love about my mom is she never wants to be dependant on others. Even when she is ill, she tries her level best to take care of herself. Since she cannot watch TV or read and her room has to be kept in dark/very diffused light, I sit by her side, talking to her, reading from newspapers or her favourite books. She has to be careful for a month or so. 

Any way we are all happy that she is recovering fast. I hope she recovers quickly and we can get her second eye also operated as early as possible.

Please include her in your prayers for speedy recovery.

With my mom on bed, I don't feel like doing anything at all. But now that she is recovering, I think I can take up my crafts when I am by her side. I may not be able to post much but will try.



No comments: