Saturday, December 11, 2010

Rangoli-67

PIN WHEEL

Friends I have been posting very simple and easy designs. I have drawn them in such a way that you can see the placement of dots and how I have joined them to make the design. But in practise when actually drawing on the floor, the dots should be very tiny so that when you join them, one should not be able to make out how you have placed the dots and how they were joined. 

I have tried my best to introduce the art in a gradual and phased manner so that even novices can learn and use it. But one thing is that practise makes one perfect. You need to first practise the designs on paper and then when you are comfortable practise with chalk or white powder on the floor.  One needs a lot of practise and that too quite frequently for getting a beautifully executed design.

Please let me know whether you are able to follow my instructions. If you have any doubts or questions or have any difficulty please feel free to mail me. I will try to answer your queries.

Any way since the Dhanur Maasam -the month long festival of Rangoli is fast approaching, I will also be posting some very complicated, unique and creative designs too. Here is todays design. It is not that difficult though.

It is Pin Wheel. As  children we all loved to play with the pin wheel. Here is one of the designs on the theme. There are some more on the same topic, which I will post as I draw them.
The dots for these are placed as:
16 numbers- 4 times or in 4 rows. Then on one side leave three on each side and place 10 dots- in three rows. Now leave three on each side and place 4 dots - 3 rows. Repeat this on the other side. Join the dots as shown above to get the design. Hope you have understood it. 

For drawing a single block place 4X4 dots. You can add the blocks according to your desire.


No comments: