Saturday, September 4, 2010

Blouses In Fashion-Latest


Friends I was busy shopping for some clothes and dress materials along with embroidery materials beads etc. Well I have purchased some blouses for my saris. You know though I stitch them myself,  sometimes I am tempted to go in for ready made blouses too. It saves time and energy for me as they are ready to wear. 


These days we have so many varieties of blouses-cotton, silk, plain, simple, embroidered and so on. Ethnic blouses are always a rage. These days  kalamkari, batik, bandhni, blouses embroidered with zari, silk threads, zardosi, kundans etc are in fasion. Mostly these blouses are just stitched with wide margins and available in small, medium and large sizes. We can alter them to our measurements quite easily, if we have a sewing machine at home. 

Ok now for the latest trends in ethnic blouses for saris-- These days Benarasi jacquard material is being used for making blouses. these blouses are worn either in matching colours or in contrasting colours. The fabric can also be multicoloured which can be worn with many saris. people are going in for contrast coloured blouses than matching ones. The fabric is attached to the sari as  border and also as patches of different shapes. Further, These patches are embellished with kundans or coloured stones, antique beads or coins etc. 


I have stitched border cut from of bluish green Benarasi jacquard fabric to my pinkish red sari. The colour of the sari in this photograph is looking different from what it actually is. I could not get the original colour in spite of trying hard, I kept the border small and also kept it simple so that it can be worn to work place. I  wanted to add kundans but in the end did not as I wanted to keep it very simple. 
 I stitched the border at both edges of the sari-top and bottom and the edge of pallu also.
The blouse is also stitched from the same fabric but simple. It has got sleeves (normal length)which are not visible in the picture.
It would have looked grand had I added some kundans and zardosi. But I preferred a simple one which is easy to manage and also can be worn to work place.


Your comments and suggestions are always welcome. Do let me know please. Keep a watch on my blog as I am going to post more.......

2 comments:

Pratheeksha S said...

Ms Sharma...
i liked your idea..can u plz share how many meters of banarsi material needed to stitch the borders of a saree...hope u'll answer me.

fashion clothes said...

Early Western travelers, whether to Persia, Turkey or China frequently remark on the absence of changes in fashion there, and observers from these other cultures comment on the unseemly pace of Western fashion, which many felt suggested an instability and lack of order in Western culture.Gemstone Necklaces