Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Bags N Purses-1

I am fascinated by the various shapes and sizes of Bags and Purses available in India. Various materials, like leather, cloth-cotton silk, synthetic materials, jute, plastic,wood, bamboo, grasses, weeds, threads or cords, beads, are used for making them.
Similarly adornments or embellishments with coloured stones, sea shells, mirror work, coin work, kundans, laces, brocades, Zari thread, painted, embroidery, patch work, applique' work, bead work, crocheted, knitted.......phew the list is endless. I collect for myself or for my mom and my sis. My little niece like me is passionate about these things at such an early age.They also make lovely and useful gifts for our friends and relatives. We women do love accessories that go with our dresses.
The patterns, shapes and sizes too vary. One can have Bags N Purses of ones choice for every need. The colours in which they are available remind me of rainbows.
So here I am going to them with you all that I have collected or come across ...
This is a cotton printed purse. The cloth is thick like that of a canvas. I loved the white colour with red and blue print. The white ribbon was another attraction. We can change the ribbon with other colours -red or blue if we can scour a little and find some of that width. Or we can use satin ribbons, or make our own from strips of fabrics. Just a little creativity. will go a long way.
The cut of the purse is very simple and has no compartments-only a small pocket inside for holding coins. 
This I picked up quite recently. The handles are also made of the same fabric. Its a shoulder length purse. The size is medium and will hold quite a few things we carry. The only disadvantage I feel is it does not have any partitions inside. So we have to dump every thing inside.
There were other colours too-white and black, red and blue and other prints. But I loved this floral one that too at quite a cheap price.

Keep watching for more to come.........

No comments: