Sunday, October 4, 2009

Blogs and Sites on Embroidery

I love to browse net when I get spare time which is very little. I specially love to read about arts and crafts, cooking and gardening.One of the sites which I first land on is Mary Corbet's NeedlenThread.
She of course needs any introduction from me. All the crafting people who love hand embroidery know her.
She covers a lot of things in her posts.Be it the tips and tricks, free embroidery patterns, online books and what not. Her reviews on embroidery books and various links she provides to resources are really very helpful. I just love her site.
Her video library on embroidery stitches is really very helpful for beginners as well as others alike. I am giving the link here.
http://www.needlenthread.com/2006/10/video-library-of-hand-embroidery.html
My favorite so far are the Lessons in Long and Short Stitch. Though it seems a very simple and easy stitch, I always had many doubts as to how to stitch different shapes and especially the shading part. No matter how hard I tried my stitches never came out as I visualised them. She has explained it very beautifully and after reading them, I am now more confident in trying out the stitch.

Thanks a lot Mary...Keep up the good work...

I am giving the link to her site here.

http://www.needlenthread.com


Happy  Crafting...

No comments: